Daisy’s Memorial Info
Date: Saturday, February 23
Time: 3 pm PST
Attire: See words below from Kate
Webcast: Daisy had many friends and supporters around the world for which we are so thankful. In order to honor these relationships we will be streaming her memorial live. Tune in at prayfordaisy.com to watch it.
A few words from Kate:
Early Saturday morning we had the privilege of witnessing Daisy’s departure from earth to a place outside of time and space where her joy is complete; heaven.
Our darling girl gave us kisses at midnight, with lips dry from thirst and hot with fever. Tiny and sweet, the words “that’s awesome” came from her tired body after letting us know she was having good dreams. She is safely home… Finally well.
I have refrained from giving details of her suffering over the last few weeks, as it was immense. Out of respect for her dignity and loveliness we have been keeping these painful moments sacred.
Thank you for your partnership in loving our girl. Please know we are broken hearted for ourselves but so happy for Daisy, who is with Jesus in paradise able to run and eat and play with abandon. We believe that wholeheartedly, and as they say in Narnia, she is going further up! And further in! She left the Shadowlands for a place more real in every sense.
Please join us as we celebrate the strong, kind, brave, goofy, thoughtful, amazing girl we call Daisy Love. Please wear what you feel best in; sandy feet and boardshorts, tutu and snorkel mask, or the prettiest dress in your closet. Wear black only if you must, but I’m wearing what Daisy would like most. On her last night on earth, she requested we watch “The Hobbit” (70’s version) and dress like hobbits. If ever there was a girl confident in her own skin, it was her. Among her favorite ensembles are animal ears of all kinds, astronaut, flightsuit, monster, pirate, dinosaur, Indian, mermaid, bear, cowgirl, fireman and explorer.
Feel free to laugh and cry and hug. There is no single way to grieve. And while we miss her on earth, we will pick up where we left off when I have the privilege of going to where she is, in the presence of God where there is fullness of joy.
My final request to all who read this blog: love. Love your babies, your husbands, mothers, sisters. Love each day like it’s your last. All you mamas out there, you have been entrusted with the precious gift of a human life who depends on you. Enjoy your gift. Breathe in the scent of your child’s hair, breath. Let them cook with you and make a mess of the kitchen. Play hide and seek with them, build sand castles with them, take them on picnics, read to them! Listen to them, value and respect them, never shame them. Your words they will carry with them their whole life and you have the power to give them wings or stunt their growth. Motherhood can be tough but it’s worth it. It can be exhausting, boring, tedious, but never for long. You blink and they’re grown. It has been my honor and privilege to love Daisy these last 8 years. I’m thankful for every minute; the joyful and the terrible alike.
“I know The Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me. No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice. My body rests in safety. For you will not leave my soul among the dead or allow your holy one to rot in the grave. You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever." (Psalm 16:8-11 NLT)
- letmesowlove likes this
- maedae523 likes this
- netabaneta likes this
- stephanieweir likes this
- carolrebollo likes this
- delightfully-breanne likes this
- livebyfaith08 likes this
- capturedbyfreedom reblogged this from hjonesy2
- astres reblogged this from starkfear
- starkfear reblogged this from cats-love-pandas
- emilymaiajones reblogged this from cats-love-pandas
- cats-love-pandas reblogged this from ehollyawesome and added:
- cats-love-pandas likes this
- rockyroad2recovery likes this
- vontron reblogged this from kylie-t
- juliannachristina reblogged this from talesofawallflower
- plantandplow likes this
- hellohi-dee likes this
- echronicled likes this
- thisismyoverture reblogged this from prayfordaisy
- thebeautyofbecoming reblogged this from prayfordaisy and added:
- nathanpotter reblogged this from prayfordaisy
- joie-elsewhere reblogged this from prayfordaisy
- triptribalism reblogged this from healthyhitsthespot
- 90ssmoothjazz likes this
- healthyhitsthespot reblogged this from prayfordaisy
- lets-do-something-amazing likes this
- penumbra369 likes this
- sabrinajctan reblogged this from jaymaries
- owlsummer likes this
- beatliketheheart reblogged this from meggielynne
- masslife likes this
- youneedonlytobestill reblogged this from prayfordaisy
- chrissyswonderland reblogged this from meggielynne
- yoou-and-ill-be-safee-and-sound likes this
- sunkissedlayners likes this
- cloudsanddreamers likes this
- theavendanos likes this
- breatheinthereal reblogged this from thehappinessaddicts and added:
- resolutewoman likes this
- sylviacaruso reblogged this from prayfordaisy and added:
- sylviacaruso likes this
- ptolymye reblogged this from thehappinessaddicts
- ptolymye likes this
- dear-abigail reblogged this from meggielynne and added:
- wanderlustingk likes this
- thehappinessaddicts reblogged this from ourladyofdisarray
- lifeinthestream reblogged this from meggielynne
- onebeautiful1 likes this